Friday, May 14, 2010

Photography




My mom was a Photography major at MCAD so I should've been ingrained with a love of photography. Unfortunately, all I'd ever taken were photos of myself that weren't very high quality and photos of my siblings--which were often blurry. Not until lately have I actually had any interest in taking good, high quality pictures. My interest started with my mom's fourth pregnancy. I decided that I would take lots of beautiful photos of this new baby and my two younger siblings. Our Sony cyber-shot camera is not up to the task. It often takes soft focus, blurry photos and half the time the photos are in the wrong "format". To that end, I have to decided to get a new camera. I don't want a point and shoot camera, I'm looking for a good (but kinda affordable) Digital SLR camera. Does anyone have any tips? I'm looking at a Nikon 3000 or 5000. On the side is some of my latest photography.BTW, Sorry about the wacky html, I can't seem to get it right. 

4 comments:

  1. I lovlovloveeeeeeee that tree archway. I'm d y i n g to stand underneath it. Unfoooortunately I don't live in Idaho! -grumbles-

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I know! You should live here so I can take pictures of you under a pretty archway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and my fiance will fly up there and you can take our engagement pictures there for us. x)
    Once I get engaged that is. rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh another camera tip for clear pictures: use a tripod or some other kind of base. it helps with the blurriness.

    ReplyDelete